February 8, 2009

sunday is a fun day

First let me ask you this. Is there such a thing as being too self-aware?
The answer is yes. yes there certainly is.
I'm sure its a gift somehow, and potentially I will learn how to regulate it soon, but when I can't even make my head stop spinning long enough to decide what to write in my silly blog, I think that there is definitely such a thing as being too introspective and too self-aware. Yes. Final answer.
Also FYI - I remixed the 25 things about me... its way funnier now. For those of you who read this from your email... click on THIS to get to the actual blog.

That preface aside (shout out to Lori - co-queen of the preface), hello! It is Sunday, and I do love Sundays. In the way of an update, I am currently working hard to acclimate to something of a grown-up schedule, with stuff going on all day long starting at (GASP) 8 am. What is that? I'm ok with the 8's, really, its the 7's I have a problem with. Having to be anywhere that causes me to have to wake up/leave the house in the 7's (or dare I say it - the 6's) - well I think that's just silly. So I'm busy all the time, which is actually kind of a nice change. Between being at school or reading for school, interning and counseling kids at Denver Christian, and trying on clothes I don't need at JCrew because no one actually shops anymore so thats what I do instead of sell - I am a busy woman. Not to mention I've been nannying fairly consisently the past few weeks. By Friday, I just need a nap. And maybe a hug.

Really, there is not much else to report. Today has been a pretty good day. I have to admit that it's been awhile since I felt really jazzy and joyful, and today in a kind of muted and commonplace way, I do. God reminded me today (perhaps even really began to teach me) that He is good, loving, and worthy of praise. I don't mean to sound trite, but even though life hasn't been quite what I'd like it to be lately, even in the times when I feel the most like crap, God is still God. God is good even when I feel like I can't quite see it. Today I'm finding rest in that. And being thankful for the people who are in my life who teach me these things whether they know it or not. I think this is a good start.

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior." - Habakkuk 3:17-18

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1) I LOVE BLOG SHOUT OUTS. Bah!
2) Come see me soon. And we should also plan for me to see you--it's only fair.
3) I really like reading your blog.

Elaine said...

I just really like saying Habakkuk.