October 28, 2007

where the water is blue and the people are new

dear valued readers,
WHAT A WEEK. this week, after finishing my 2 huuuuge midterm exams, i wrote an 18 page paper for new testament and a 6 page human development paper. goodness. i am all kinds of papered out.
but now I find myself at sunday, a BEAUTIFUL day, 70 and sunny... lovely. went to church this morning at Pathways, which although I am not 100% sold on, I am liking a lot... mostly, I am tired of looking and will probably camp there for a while and see what happens. also today the sermon was on the environment and how "God is Green." this is such a hippie state. i love it.
after church... I went and saw my new house. yes, folks, I am officially moving. to an a-dorable house in Wash Park with sarah miller, becca murfin, and julie gieringer, who I know from high school or Wichita, generally. I'm excited about it - it is closer to school, and super cute. AND my room is bigger! lovely!
so thats that... last night I went to a concert and saw Ingrid Michaelson (dl: Far Away), Melee (dl: she's gonna find me here) and matt nathanson (dl nothing because i don't like him.) the two openers were lovely and fun but I don't so much like the other dude. there are so many fun theaters around here - they are all tiny and have really cool insides and make for lots and lots of fun (and cheap!) concerts. I'm actually going to concerts for the next two weeks... potentially 3, making for a total of 4 concerts in 3 weeks. fab. (in my future: matty wertz (dl: carolina)/dave barnes (dl: until you) in boulder; rob drabkin with full band (!!); and ben lee (dl: love me like the world is ending) here in denver with kristin anne foster.) i have such a fun life. of course, in order to pay for these things, I can't do anything else in the next three weeks other than school, watching the tv I already paid for, and eating the groceries I already have. I think I can do it though.

Yes, so things are good. this week I have two full days (tues & thurs) off of school, so I am going to try to get way ahead and be super productive. I will let you know how this goes. did I mention it snowed last week? it was a winter wonderland for one whole day.

In other news, click on the title of this post at the top for pictures of denver people and my friend Katy's visit (which was way fun, and resulted in my new friend Melanie who is super... we watch Greys Anatomy together now. so fun.) ENJOY!

peace, love, and dark vampy nail polish (which is back and better than ever, sorry Mom)

"Alright let me ask you this, tell me if you think this is creative. When I was five, I imagined that there was such a thing as a unicorn. And this was before I had even heard of one, or seen one. I just drew a picture, of a horse, that could fly over rainbows, and a had a huge spike in its head. I was five! Five-years-old. Couldn't even talk yet."
- The Office

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Moving! Ah! When are you moving? Am I going to be staying in the new place or the old place? Tell me everything!