March 6, 2009

one day at a time

i'm here, and that's good.
it's been a rough couple of days. my grandpa, Jim, passed away on Thursday morning after a long battle with his health, cancer, old age, and all that. I am so sad to lose him, but I'm thankful that his struggle is over and that he's not in any pain anymore. Tomorrow Thomas and I will go to Kansas City for a reception in his honor, to be with our Nana as well as Dad and cousins, etc. I have such great memories of Jim when I was a little girl - I just thought he was the greatest person. He was funny and joyful and made me so happy. We always called him Jim because he was our Dad's stepdad, but Mom tells me that whenever I talked about them I called them "my Nana and my Jim." He will always be My Jim.
I am also spending time with my sister Audrie and the rest of my family as Audrie fights stupid cancer in the hospital. She is a rockstar and a constant picture of strength and dignity and I'm just glad to get to be here spending time with her. I ask for your continued prayer over her, that God would heal her body, that the doctors would be given wisdom and discernment as to her treatment and care. It is so nice to be home with my family, all together during this crappy time. you can read what is going on at Aud's CaringBridge page: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/audriesparks.
Thanks to all of you who are already praying for me and for my sister and family. I have felt so much love from all sides, and I am so thankful for all of my friends in Denver and all over the place. We are so blessed and I am so happy to be all together here in Wichita. Keep the prayers coming!

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.... Therefore we do not lose heart." 2 Corinthians 4

3 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa.
I have been following your sister Audrie's Care page and continue to pray for a full recovery.
We are thinking about you guys!

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry, Meg. I pray that the trip home goes smoothly and we'll be thinking of you and praying for you and your family. Love to you!

Frank and Teen said...

We are thinking of you and praying for you, Megan! May God continue to be your strength and peace during this time! Love to you and your family!