October 23, 2008

tag... you're it

This was one of my first tags! I was tagged by my too-sweet-and-kind cousin Carrie, who wrote some way too nice things about me on her blog... and I am happy to respond to the tag and post the seven random facts about YOURS TRULY! Thanks for the tag and for the complements Carrie... what a blessing to have this lovely bloggy relationship to bridge the long distances!


1. I LOVE broadway. I love musicals. I love any show/movie where it is commonplace for any one to break into any kind of catchy tune at any time. I even own some soundtracks to musicals I haven't even seen! I just love them. Not ashamed to admit it. There is nothing like getting into your car and singing "Mamma Mia" all the way to school. Nothing like it.

2. My screen name from middle school to now (although I use it way less slash hardly ever now) was meggs2694. The meggs with two g's was a mistake made by my mother (I was inconsolable for MINUTES.) and the numbers... this is embarrassing... are the transposed football jersey numbers of the two boys I loved at this point in my boy-loving career. I have never told anyone that.

3. I would love nothing more than to keep a journal - but I can never do it for more than about a week before getting miserably sick of it. I just started again 2 days ago. I put less pressure on myself this time, and I'm allowing myself to write even just one sentence each night if I want. I'm hoping it will stick this time! Then, someday, you guys can publish it. Since I'm sooooo brilliant and will inevitably be famous at some point.

4. I've always had this ongoing daydream where I am a wonderful and famous singer. Unfortunately, I get stage fright big time, and I'm also not much of a soloist. Even still - I would love to lead worship or sing anything ever and just have people be in awe of my vocal stylings. However, I'm realistic. I'll stick to singing in church, in the car, and in the shower. Oh, and with my roommate Sarah whenever we're home alone. (We've gotten caught a couple of times belting out showtunes in the kitchen... not good.)

5. I do voices. I love doing voices. I even kind of think they're kind of good. They're accurate, anyway. I'm possibly a little proud of the talent. Several are highly embarrassing... and I will not start doing them on command. So don't bother asking. :)

(I feel like 7 things is a lot and I'm having some trouble...)

6. If I could change one thing about myself, I would be a morning person. Seriously. I think morning people are so great. I have never been one. I have become more of one as I have gotten older, but I'm still pretty sucky. Someday, I hope to be a full-fledged morning person. I think that would be just fabulous.

7. I download every free song that ITunes offers. Often they are really bad and I end up deleting them... but I always do it. Can't pass up something free!!

4 comments:

Thomas said...

if you wrote journal entries like doogie howser, they'd be short and sweet, and you'd never get sick of them because we make fun of them so much, and then you'd do them every day!

auntmeggie said...

thomas, I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about...

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA
denial.

Thomas said...

oops, my friend jack didn't sign out on my comp.