August 24, 2008

nostalgia & back to school

I was perusing my favorite website just now, www.mp3fiesta.com, for new and exciting music. I just downloaded Amos Lee and some new Coldplay... as well as The Swell Season... should be a good time. ANYWAY. I randomly was thinking that I might like to have this really old Shawn Colvin song that I used to L-O-V-E, and in searching for it I stumbled upon "Top Billboard 100" from like, every year since 1948 or something. But looking at the top 100 songs from, say, 1997 (where I found "Sunny Came Home" - thank you Shawn C) I have just been loving looking back at all these songs that I LOVED when I was like, 13. So glorious. I mean, no one can beat "Never Ever" by All Saints; "Its All Coming Back to Me Now" by Celine Dion; Monica, Brandy, Next... oh my. I just downloaded "All My Life" by KCi and JoJo as well as a Hanson song. I had both singles in 6th grade. I am enjoying myself so much right now its unreal. I think music was better in the 90's. Deeper. More moving. How can you beat these lyrics:
"I look at you looking at me
Now I know why they say the best things are free
Gonna love you boy you are so fine
Angel of mine"
In the immortal words of Kristin Anne Foster, "this is what love is." 
Thank you, 1997.

In other, less inane news, school starts tomorrow! Now, call me a dork, but I love the first day of school. I do. I know, I'm a grown up, in grad school... my pencils are sharpened, syllabi printed, Trapper Keeper ready... Seriously, I LOVE the first day of school! I'm awkwardly excited to go to class tomorrow, to see the new kids and to start a new semester. Also my friends who were gone all summer are back... lots of fabulous new people are starting (already met some... real winners!) and its all just very fun and exciting. I can hardly contain myself. 
Oh, and if you're curious, I'll be taking: Theology 2, Family Systems Counseling, Social and Cultural Foundations of Counseling, and Research and Evaluation in Counseling. FUN FUN FUN!

Better get a good nights sleep for my big day tomorrow! Wish me luck! Oh and if you have time, enjoy some 90's music today. It's just the best.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I hope that your first day went well, Meg! Have a great semester!