January 7, 2008

if I was a flower growing wild and free, all I'd want is you to be my sweet honey bee

I don't know what part of me thought "oh yes, I have a difficult time responding to emails and phone calls and am a pretty big loser about communication in general, but clearly, I will be able to keep up a blog!" not so, my friends. not so.
however, I am trying! I could tell you something stupid like that my new years resolution is to blog more, but that would be, well, stupid. as well as not true. I feel, in general, that new years resolutions are... well, stupid. haha. I mean, on the 31st I can't manage to run everyday, but on the 1st I'll have the resolve!? no. I think its a lovely concept, and I'll grant that the new year is a good time to decide to make changes, but be realistic! allow yourself some breathing room! I feel that NYR's set you up to fail and feel like crap, which is mostly why I don't like them. but hey. if you really can, in one day, decide to make major life changes, more power to you and tell me to shutface! I only encourage you to be proactive about making changes in your life for sure, if they are needed, but don't be too terribly hard on yourself!

SO. I am back in lovely, snowy Denver after a delightful break with my family and what 3 friends I have left in Wichita, and am glad to be back to my house and in my bed and such. I am always struck by the fact, too, that I pretty much set foot in my Wichita house and immediately revert back to age 15. seriously. I'm messier, snittier, stupider, lazier, and more sensitive. its insane! within a day, I swear, my room is a mess, I haven't gotten off the couch from watching America's Next Top Model for 3 days, and I've taken to saying things like "whatever" and I've rolled my eyes so many times my head hurts. ok, so I'm exaggerating for sure. but there is something about being at home with my siblings and parents that makes me forget that I'm kind of an adult now and stuff. interesting. all that to say - my visit truly was lovely, and I was glad to be able to spend time with the fam adequately, be there for hard things, love people with hugs instead of phone calls, and mock my mom endlessly for not cooking. haha. there's no place like home!
I start my nanny job tomorrow for real! Tuesdays and Thursday morning/afternoons I will be spending my time with the aahhhdorable 5 month old Bodie. I went and spent time with his mom, Karli, today and got to view the babe himself in action - and he is superb! it will be hard not to compare him to my perfect niece Shelbie, who is a little younger than he is, but I think I can handle loving him without taking Shelbs off her pedestal, which I'm certain is unshakable. I got to stay with Timmy and Babes for a couple of days over break, too, which was wonderful and exhausting - Amie, you are potentially superhuman, because, both days I barely managed to even get myself out of my pajamas before the end of the day! however - wonderful and priceless, to be sure. love those kids! and more on my new job as it develops! and perhaps I will sneak a picture of Bodie on here so you all can view my new charge!

ok - so - hanging out, trying to kill time before school starts at the end of jan; visiting San Antonio (SO SO SO EXCITED) in 10 days for MLK weekend - for reuniting with old friends and besties and general merriment in ol' Mexico... and that about covers it.

movies I think everyone should see:
Juno, Atonement, Enchanted. all amazing.

people whose music I think everyone should listen to:
Sara Bareilles, Josh Ritter, John Legend.

love love and merry christmas and happy new year and all that jazz. until next time, see movies and resist the urge to make ridiculous new years resolutions. I'm just saying.

No comments: