November 4, 2007

::but it sure is fancy how you love me::

oh what a GLORIOUS weekend. I mean truly glorious.
after my Thursday of baked goods and beauty, I spent Friday giving away said baked goods and napping and doing homework and all around having a grand ol' time. I capped off Friday with a square dance at the harvest ho down at school (most attendees were children... but as Beckie put it: "I can't decide if this is the cutest or lamest thing I have ever attended." Amen.) after which, we retreated to my friend Lisa's to watch a movie. what a day. which brings me to Saturday, where the gloriousness continued with an outdoor run in Wash Park - at which point I realized treadmill and outdoors are NOT in fact equal, and then I nearly amputated my legs. BUT, Wash Park is gorgeous. and I am moving there. so I will wean myself off the treadmill and into the great outdoors if it kills me! oh gosh and THEN (this was just a really great day.) I made myself a breakfast taco with the leftover eggs from the pumpkin cookies and beans and pico. delish. but then comes the really good part: me, Lisa, Beckie, Allison and Chelsea (see picture: minus Allison, who is photographer... but she can be viewed in the one below) drove to BOULDER for an afternoon of FUN and the best concert ever: Matty Wertz and Dave Barnes!!! we shopped on Pearl Street, walked for hours, and enjoyed the mountains - followed by a huge dinner at Rio Cantina and a trip to the famous Tea House for some... you know, tea. the day culminated then, with the best concert I have ever been to (counting the two other times I have seen Matt before in Austin). there is something that just cannot compare with seeing your favorite singer live. and, with Dave Barnes (who most of us promptly fell in love with on sight) who is his BFF, he was just great. their encore consisted of covers of "every little thing she does is magic" by sting and the police and "signed, sealed, delivered - i'm yours" by stevie wonder. they sang their own songs the rest, obv, but those two numbers rocked the house. I'm pretty much still kind of giddy about the whole experience. I am such a fool.

SO: kristin comes in 5 days, thanksgiving break starts in 15 days, and life is but a dream. but until then, pretty much, I will be writing papers. 24/7.
please immediately download: "nothing fancy" and "your love will never change", by Dave Barnes (and then stare at his picture for hours because he is such a beautiful human)

enjoy your Monday!

playing with puppets?

allison, beckie and me at the concert

the object(s) of our musical affections: matt (l) & dave (r)

No comments: